UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD COMPANY
IDAHO DIVISION/SALT LAKE CITY HUB
BROTHERHOOD OF LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEERS
It is agreed pool freight engineers will be allowed to trade turns at their home terminal subject to the following conditions:
1. Both engineers are assigned to the same pool board.
2. Both engineers are rested.
3. Neither engineer has accumulated 3800 miles.
4. A trade and a trade back will be considered as one trade. Trade shall be limited to one trade per half.
5. Both engineers involved must agree to the trade before the crew dispatcher is contacted.
6. The crew dispatcher shall be advised of the trade prior to call time. Engineers will not be allowed to trade turns at calltime.
7. No runarounds or other penalty claims shall occur as a result of engineers trading turns.
At Salt Lake City Engineer A has a family member who is sick and it is important that the Engineer be home for a particular time period. Engineer A asks Engineer B to trade turns and Engineer B agrees so they notify the Crew dispatcher to exchange Engineer A with Engineer B on the board for one (1) trip. After Engineer A and B both complete their round trip, they are placed back to their original place on the board.
8. It is intended engineers will limit the use of this agreement to those situations in which they would otherwise have no choice.
9. This agreement is made without prejudice to either parties position and will not be cited as a precedent in any future situation.
10. This agreement will become effective on 11/1/98 and will remain in effect unless cancelled by either party in the future with a serving of a thirty (30) day advance written notice.